Calling all child care centers and home child care providers.
You are an important part of the childcare system in our community and Richland First Steps (RFS) wants to support you in your work with children. By joining the Excellence in Care and Early Learning (ExCEL) Enhancement Team, you’ll receive free coaching and training for your program from an early childhood. education coach. Click the button below to fill out an interest form and learn more about how we can support you in all you do for the children of Richland County.
What you’ll receive:
- Weekly visits from your own Early Childhood Education coach to help connect you to the resources you need to meet your goals
- Information about the ABC Quality program and support to develop your program’s application should you choose to apply and move up a level
- Monthly school readiness learning materials based on the SC Early Learning Standards (books, toys, musical instruments)
- Curriculum resources to help you get the most out of your monthly materials
- Free DSS Certified Trainings for all staff
- Pre and Post Assessment using the Environment Rating Scales (ITERS, ECERS, FCCERS) Materials provided based on assessment
For more information, contact Charshina McMillian, RFS Director of Care and Early Learning at 803.553.1748 or [email protected].
This program is funded through the Preschool Development Grant (Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families)