The Week of the Young Child is an annual observance celebrating the importance of the early years and the wonderful people who care for our youngest community members. The Richland First Steps Excellence in Care and Early Learning (ExCEL) team has prepared some amazing resources for families and caregivers to celebrate each day’s theme:
- Music Monday | Make a joyful noise! Music can be made anywhere, with anything. We’ve got a great poster you can download and print with the hows and whys. Plus: Don’t miss a special virtual concert from the BenAnna Band!
- Tasty Tuesday | Families that eat together have kids who are healthier and more successful. Our healthy recipe archive and New Food Achievement Certificate will help make mealtime fun with your little one.
- Work Together Wednesday | Cooperation is the name of the game on Work Together Wednesday. We’ll have some downloadable resources for child care providers on supporting cooperation in the classroom.
- Artsy Thursday | Art helps children build many important skills they’ll need to thrive. Thursday’s resources include the difference between art and craft, and some fun ways to create using recycled materials.
- Family Friday | Friday is a great time to focus on the family – children’s first and best teachers. Look out for some ideas about connecting through books and a special read aloud from Richland First Steps ExCEL Director Charshina McMillian.
For more ways to celebrate The Week of the Young Child’s 50th Anniversary and learn more about its sponsor, The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), visit: https://www.naeyc.org/events/woyc